Central Records:  210-335-6201

Central Records is the main department you will probably deal with.  They handle inmate information which includes looking up sid numbers, charges, warrants and various other information.  They also sell items like offense and traffic reports, verifications of incarceration and criminal histories.  If you need to be fingerprinted for your job they do that too.  This department has a wealth of information which is a good thing because just about every other department will transfer their calls there.  Sometimes even before a single word has left your mouth.

To get inmate information from Central Records you will need to have either a sid number or the inmate’s name and date of birth.  They are capable of looking up the information by name only but if there is more than one person with that name they won’t know which one you are looking for.  They don’t even tell you that’s an option probably to avoid upset people if the wrong information is given out.

A main thing I like about this department is that the phones are still answered by people.  I’ve tried getting information from other large detention facilities and ended up having to go through tons of recordings.  A problem they do have is their phone congestion between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.  If you call during those times you may be on hold for a while.  As it works towards 5:00 pm the wait time starts getting shorter.  If you can, call during off hours to get through quicker.  Central Records is open 24/7 for phone requests about inmate information.  If you need to go there in person they are open to the public from 7:00 am – 6:30 pm, Monday through Friday except for holidays.


148 thoughts on “CENTRAL RECORDS

    • admin

      Donna – Call Central Records at 335-6201. They are a 24/7 office. They will need your boyfriend’s name and DOB or his SID number to look up his information.

    • admin

      Patricio – If your daughter-in-law’s case is closed out and has become public information you can get it. If it has not, then she would be the one that has to get it. You could get it for her if you have power of attorney. Contact Central Records at 210-335-6095.

  1. Laura

    My boyfriend has been in Bexar County for 2 weeks now. He had a parole hearing on Thursday the 25 of October. They told him he wasn’t getting released until he went to court. Well he went the next day and they gave him time served for this other charge that got him in there. So now we’re wondering when is getting released?

    • admin

      Laura – Parole is issued by the State. Bexar County can’t release until TDCJ sends a release. You should check to make sure he doesn’t have a hold on him. Did they say he needed GPS or electronic monitoring? If so, he’ll have to wait for those.

  2. sunny

    I need a copy of my childrens sperm donors criminal history report for the ags offc for termination of parental rights hes a drug addict and assaulted me when i was pregnant with my daughter where do i get this and how much is it per page?

    • admin

      Sunny – Any charges that have been adjudicated (completely finished) can be released to the public. If he has any charges that are not completely closed out you will not be able to get that information. The AG’s office can get anything they want. Normally they would make the request to Bexar County. If you are doing this on your own we recommend you don’t. Let the AG get what they need. They know exactly what to ask for.

    • admin

      Priscilla – What we have come to discover is that quite a few of the codes you see are made up by whoever is entering the information. At a guess I would say the first part “RLSDPR” refers to someone released on a PR bond. We’re not sure about the second part. Your best bet would be to call the jail. Ask to speak to the Front Desk officers. They would be the ones more likely to figure it out.

    • admin

      Jackson – In bulk groups, yes, they can be purchased. If you want an individual picture the jail is, at the current time, not charging for them.

  3. ashley

    my boyfriend is being held on sexual assult charge they won’t tell him or me who pressed the charges on him how can I find out

    • admin

      Ashley – The identity of a sexual assault victim is protected. They will not tell you. Your boyfriend’s attorney will get the information. He will tell your boyfriend.

  4. julia

    my son just got a six year sentence but got 494 time sereved how long until granted parole never been in parole before need info on is stautes asap.

    • admin

      Julia – Parole is a function of the Texas Department of Corrections (TDC). That’s the state system. They are the ones to decided if and when he gets parole.

  5. Antonio

    My finance is in Bexar County Jail currently, and when I give her name and/or DOB, they can’t find her, but she calls me from there. Will inmates us an alias to protect themselves from other people calling in, and trying to find out about them?

    • admin

      Antonio – When she calls you ask what name she is booked under. She may have given a fake name when she was arrested. You can also ask her for her sid number. Then when you call give them the sid number so they can find her.

  6. julia

    how can i get in contact of the state system or their web site to find out when my son will be elgible for parole.also need to know how the trusty pond works when an inmate works in the county jail is it two foe one or how it works.

    • admin

      Julia – Contact Central Records at 210-335-6201. Ask them for the phone number to the State system. If your son is a trust he should get two for one.

    • admin

      Bekka – PR stands for personal recognizance. Basically it means you agreeing to the terms of your bond based on your own good name. PR bonds are usually used for misdemeanors, not felonies. But even if it’s a charge that a PR bond can be used for it’s not like the people issuing the bonds know the individual people so they get references and they call those people. If the answers they get to their questions are not what they want they will deny the bond. That’s just one possibility. There can be other reasons.

    • admin

      Amanda – The majority of the time yes. Every once in a while They find someone had a previous sid. When that happens they pick one of the sid numbers and put all of the information under that one.

    • admin

      Melissa – Technically, yes. But it mostly depends on the circumstances. Say your boyfriend is in the Bexar County jail but also has a warrant out of Guadalupe County, Bexar County can hold your boyfriend past the 30 days while they wait for Guadalupe County to come pick him up. That is just one example. There are various other things that can happen.

    • admin

      Mandi – Go in and ask for it. Mugs are available to the public. If you have any problems with a clerk ask to speak to the manager.

  7. Mona

    If someone was arrested in Harris County because they found he had something on his record they said he would be extradited if he had charges in harris county will they transfer that over to bexar county or how does that work. How can I find out what exactly he was charged for in harris county… sorry i’m confused my self.

  8. David

    If I have a Capius Warrant for a traffic violation, should I try and get a PR bond BEFORE going to turn myself in? I don’t have money to pay for the ticket.

    • admin

      David – Have you previously entered a plea in your case? If so, then it is probably a capias pro fine and you cannot get a bond. You will either have to pay the fine or do the time.

    • admin

      Cheryl – Send an open records request. In other words, a written request asking for it. There may be a charge. They will let you know if there is.

  9. Jessica

    My fiance was just transferred to Dominguez. He wrote me and asked of I could contact Bexar county to have them send his backtime bc the paperwork wasn’t sent over…what dept would I contact about this or should I contact his court appointed lawyer? Please help.

    • admin

      Jessica – You can get a Verification of Incarceration from Central Records but we recommend that you speak to his attorney. The attorney will be able to get things done a lot faster and with less hassle.

  10. jessica

    My boyfriend was recently transferred from Bexar county to Dominguez and hewrote me and asked me to call county because his backtime paperwork wasn’t sent over to tdcj. What department would I contact for this or do I need to contact his court appointed lawyer. Please help.

    • admin

      Jessica – You will have to go to Central Records to get a Verification of Incarceration. Their hours are 8:00 am – 6:30 pm, Monday through Friday.

    • admin

      Melissa – We suspect you got this from the jail activity list. We also suspect that the people who make the notations come up with their own abbreviations. We’ve been asked about several abbreviations of a similar nature and have never been able to get an answer from the jail.

  11. margia

    My brother kicked in my gate last night, because my dogs were barking at him. They bark because he teases them yells at them and throws rocks at them. He said he was going to kill me, my husband, and my dogs. I called 911 and they caught him driving down the street in our subdivision. He was drunk, and driving without a driving permit, or insurance, I am worried because he told me he would kill me. The policeman said that was a folony . Will he have to go to court and would I have to go to.

    • admin

      Margia – If they caught him DWI they don’t need you. If the charges include terroristic threats they probably will need you.

  12. baciu

    hello,i really need your help i’m from Romania and i don t know exatly but i think my brother is arrested there.Can you please tell me how can i find him or if there is any method to know something about him? they are able to call from there? please i need your help

  13. Cory

    I have a class A or B out of state misdemeanor warrent. Will I get arrested if I try to visit an inmate here at the bexar county jail

    • admin

      Cory – More than likely. If the agency that wants you will not extradite then they may let you go but they will still have held you while they look into it. And if the agency will extradite then you will definitely be arrested.

    • admin

      Rodger – Contact the agency you think you may have warrants in. Most cities would rather get the money than put you in jail. They will give you the information so you can pay instead of getting arrested.

    • admin

      Rodger – You can’t on anything higher than a class C (tickets). For ticket warrants contact the agency that gave you the ticket.

  14. natalie

    a friend of mine was murder back in 2013, I look at your inmate list and it shows he is still there. I can I find out if he got a confiction ? I just want to know if justice was served. the man name was A****** J****** 00-00-0000 that robbed and murder my friend. thank you and god bless. Natalie

    • admin

      Natalie – Call Central Records at 210-335-6201. If he is still in the facility you can ask if he has been convicted yet or is still waiting for his trial date.

  15. Lola

    I’m trying to find info on my husband he was locked up for parole violation and is waiting to hear if he will get released what can I do to find some info

  16. Ruby

    How can I get mugshot photos and information about me? I lost all my identification and I can’t get anything without the other so I need proof it is me.

    • admin

      Ruby – You can get them from Central Records. They will use your fingerprints to verify that it is you before they release the items.

    • admin

      Emily – Call Central Records at 210-335-6201. They are a 24/7 office. They will be able to give you his sid number and his location number. Once you have that they may tell you how to address the envelope or they may send you to 210-335-0074. That’s an automated number that has quite a bit of good information on it.

  17. Emily

    I sent a letter to an inmate and my mail was sent back with a stamp that says return to sender no longer at this address. What does that mean?

    • admin

      Emily – Either he was released or transferred to another facility. If you know neither one of those is the case you might want to make sure you put the correct sid number on the envelope.

  18. Jeremy

    Is there a way to view mugshots? Apparently not online, but can they be requested by e-mail? Snail mail? Telephone?

    • admin

      Maria – We are not the Bexar County jail. We are a private website that attempts to help people deal with the jail. You need to call Central Records at 210-335-6201 to find out if your husband is still there.

  19. Monica

    I just called Central Records to verify if I’m on the visitation list. They informed me that they cannot verify over the phone. I will need to go in person with valid ID and the officer can look it up. The problem is that I live almost 400 miles away, so that is somewhat inconvenient. Is there another method of checking?

    • admin

      Monica – Try the Front Desk, 210-335-6300. There are officers there. They have more access in the computer system. Make sure you tell them how far away you live. Maybe they’ll help you out by telling you but be aware, the policy is not to give that information out over the phone.

  20. mrs. Johnson

    My son was visiting Texas and was arrested. I am having trouble posting bond for him due to not living in Tx. Who can assist me with posting bond. I feel some of the bond company’s that I have contacted are taking advantage of me due to not living in the state of Texas.

    • admin

      Mrs. Johnson – If he’s not eligible for a PR bond then the other options are pay the bond yourself or go through a bonds company. Unfortunately, that’s the way the system is set up.

  21. Joe

    Trying to find my friend but don’t kno exact date of birth . how do I find him if I don’t know birth day and dont kno sid number.

  22. Roneesha

    Is there a list longer then 24 hours of inmates who’ve been arrested? Ik trying to find a friend but central records says they can’t find it.

  23. Judith

    I am trying to find my nephew who I think has been arrested. He has been living in San Antonio after being released from state prison. He has dropped completely out of site and his phone is not working. His name is D**** F**** C****** he was born in February of 1986. I would appreciate knowing if he is in one of your jails or has been, or if something worse has happened to him.

    • admin

      Judith – We are not the Bexar County jail. We are a private website that attempts to help people deal with the very involved system at the jail. The first thing you need to know is that the Bexar County jail is the main jail for Bexar County. There are some small police departments that have some holding cells but anything beyond 72 hours is handled by the Bexar County jail. This makes it easy since there is only one place to check. You need to call Central Records at 210-335-6201 for information. They normally need a name and date of birth. Description or type of charge will not help. I see that you don’t have a full date of birth. They can do a name search but don’t usually. I’ve been told that a name search on a common name can lock up the computer. They should be able to do a name search on your nephew. If they say they can’t ask to speak to a supervisor.

  24. Emily

    My boyfriend got arrested yesterday from work & I want to see if he has a bond or when he will get released ?? Anything would help … Thanks …

  25. Jody

    My boyfriend was sentenced to 2years TDC on Dec 8, 2015. He has about 12 months back time on this charge, which is assault, family violence, 2nd offense. He is still in Bexar County Jail. Parole came & saw him a couple weeks ago & asked him where he would be living when he is released & so on. He claims he didn’t sign any paperwork though. My question is, where can I look to see a parole answer. He doesn’t have a TDC #, so how can I keep track of his status? Please help!!

  26. gooley

    My daughter in law is in jail and she keeps telling me she is pregnant with my sons baby and that she is due soon. Is there any way to find out if she really is?

    • admin

      Gooley – If she’s pregnant or if she’s due soon? Not sure what you are asking but if you want to know if she’s pregnant she should show if she’s towards the end of the pregnancy. Visit her to see. Due soon? Seeing her may answer that question too.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.